Go Green Green with Guardian Storage
At Guardian Storage, we’ve been proactive for over a decade with a positive “green” approach. We rely on advice from our LEED accredited architect, who has a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles. We invite our customers to join us in our approach to caring for the environment. Here are just some of the ways Guardian Storage goes green: Recycling , Sustainability, Water Efficiency, Energy & Atmosphere, Materials & Resources and Indoor Environmental Quality.
- All of our properties provide tenants with an onsite location to leave cardboard boxes. These boxes are available for use by other tenants or are recycled to reduce landfill waste.
- By partnering with Evolution E-cycle, we provide locations for our communities to drop off electronic equipment, including laptops, computers, cell phones, printers, and non-Freon containing appliances for recycling. (please note that we cannot accept any TVs or monitors.)
- We adhere to a high standard of environmental stewardship, as demonstrated by our commitment to minimizing site disturbance when developing properties close to existing residential and commercial areas.
- We’ve converted and reused five existing buildings for our Shadyside, Bloomfield, North Hills, Washington, PA and Strip District locations. By extending the life cycle of these buildings, we reduced our construction impact on the environment.
- Our secure storage units are constructed with recycled steel.
- Our properties use a water-efficient landscape design.
- Limited plumbing and low water use plumbing fixtures are installed at all of our properties
- “Dry” fire protection systems are installed at all of our properties and are designed to only disperse water to specific areas when needed for fire protection.